Sunday, May 25, 2008

Post2Week8

I understand that the Rastafarian religion is more or less like any other religion because it is a religion. However, I see the Rastafarian religion as something that is more understandable and acceptable/believable than most other religions. I'd like to look at why some religions are more attracting than others because it is something that I wonder about. I feel that Rastafarianism is rather a new religion when compared to others so perhaps it is this youthfulness that makes this religion less diluted due to time going on. What I mean by this is that another religion, say Christianity, is harder to understand and believe in because it is so much older. Also, because with time, there arises many differences here and there that creates self conflicts and therefore contradicting even itself here and there. There is the Old Testament and the New Testament as an example for this contradiction within Christianity that makes me quite questionable when it comes to believing it. I do understand that as time goes on things change so as to fit with the times but I feel that if this religion is as true as it says then it should be quite consistent even during the test of time.
Perhaps it is because the Rastafarian religion is younger/newer that it is more believable and acceptable to me a lot more so than Christianity is. What I mean by this is that there exists rather recent proof in the truthfulness of the religion. Haile Selassie was indeed an actual person and not some made up story figure for all we know. Within Christianity, with Jesus Christ, it is more uncertain that He was indeed an actual person. I feel that He does at times have that aura of being a made up story figure. I understand that both the Rastafarian religion and the Christian religion may be true or false and that there is no actual proof that says either or. However I feel that as time goes on that if a religion doesn't get more proof of an existence to actually confirm it all that the faith in that religion fades away with the time. This may be the case with Christianity with me and that since Rastafarianism is still rather new that it is more believable for now. It may very well just be a human nature thing to be into whatever is "new and hot" as sort of a trend.

No comments: